That is what my coach said to me this week!
What do you mean it’s not about me?
I was telling her that I have this feeling I’m meant to be doing something bigger, bolder. Heck I work with clients who tell me that all the time. They know there is something more. I help them discover that ‘more’. I help them get into that place that can be scary exciting! I know they can’t do it by themselves. I know I can’t do it by myself.
Hence our conversation.
Have you ever felt like this? It seems that no sooner do you make a big leap and get comfortable there, than this little voice pipes up to make you think of even bigger possiblities.
Of course, this could be the part of yourself that is never satisfied, but it could also be the part of you that knows there is something more just waiting around that corner ahead.
So, here are some questions that may help - and here are my answers.
Imagine this the end of your life…..what would you like to have said to the world??
- There is so much more waiting for women. Wake up and don’t settle for ‘just good enough’.
- You need to get off your ‘busy’ treadmill and make space to connect with what is most important to YOU! Busyness is a major distraction to that connection.
- You were born with sacred gifts and these gifts are the difference you are here to make.
- You create your life, and anything is possible. Go for everything possible, in all areas of your life.
- Your life is an amazing gift and you are an amazing gift to the world - you being YOU!
- And the planet needs YOU to step into your power, be courageous, and not settle.
What does the world need??
- Women to step into their power, create space to connect with their authentic selves and own their wisdom.
- Women to join forces to co-create a different way of being where all flourish. Women bringing more of the sacred feminine into being.
- More heart, and less head.
What is your greatest fear??
- That I’ll wake up one day with regrets. Regrets that I didn’t find out what I was REALLY capable of. That I will know I sabotaged myself and settled - took the easy way out and told myself it didn’t matter, all the time knowing it really did matter!
What do you want more of??
- Fun, laughter, love, connection, collaboration, sunshine, travel, experiences in different cultures, spaciousness, hiking, knowing I make a difference, inspiration, being present more and more.
- Oh…big one - more retreats - leading retreats and giving myself that gift a lot more often!
What inspires you??
- People who have overcome challenges to live lives of passion, purpose and adventure.
- People who manifest things easily. People who live in possiblity. Those who don’t worry about what others think, my clients.
- Photographs and visually stimulating things - beautiful architecture
- Latin America - the music, the people. Travel of any kind, business class flying.
- Fresh natural food prepared in interesting ways, raw food restaurants, living on the river.
- Simplicity, decluttering, being in nature.
- Connections and sharing on a deep level.
- Books, books and more books!
So that’s when my coach said….. it’s not about YOU!
This is all important - what inspires me, what I want more of, my message - but I was reminded that it really is not about ME. It’s about the difference I am here to make. There are people waiting for me to step out more boldly. There are people who need to hear my message!
As Marianne Williamson said: who am I NOT to share my brilliance!
It’s the same for you. It is not about YOU! It’s about those waiting for you to share your gifts with them.
And I can’t help feeling it is a little about me, or about you! We seem to be pulled to teach what we need to learn ourselves!
I hope these questions inspire you. I’d love to hear your answers to them if you’d like to share. Writing your answers is one way to step into your bold life - who knows what you’ll unleash!